Monday, February 7, 2011
Kiki over at A Rockabilly View has bestowed on me a Stylish Blogger Award!! I didn't think that this blog had a lot of style but hell, I'll take it. There are a few rules that go along with this award:
1)Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2)Share 7 things about yourself
3)Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers.
4)Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award ***SORRY, AIN'T DOING THIS ONE***
So, I guess I should get on with it, eh? Here's 7 things maybe most people don't know about me:
1. I played hockey from the age of 5 up until I was 37.
2. I only like 2 flavors of ice cream: strawberry & to a much lesser extant, vanilla.
3. My other passion is photography. Check out some of my pics here: www.louiedespres.com
4. The Beatles are my favorite band of all time.
5. I am currently try to get my own business off the ground : the Ware River Pet Company
6. I am a recovering record collector who realizes that I should not let record buying take over my life.
7. I like cheap beer best. High Life, PBR, 'Gansett, Utica Club, it's all good!
As for the recent blogs I have found, there isn't too manythat deserve much of a mention but my friend Kylie has one named Confessions of a Pollyana that's a good read.
My buddy Brian continues with the adventures of "Laurel" at Sunday on the Block With Laurel.
You can read and see what all the hype on photographer Vivian Maier is all about at Vivian Maier - Her Discovered Work.
The city I live in has one of the premier research facilities in the world, the American Antiquarian Society. Their blog is great if you love the history of printed items, Past Is Present.
and finally another good friend is artist Derek Ring. He's constantly working on new work and keeps the public up to date at his FIRE_BAD blog. You can also see and buy some of his designs here!
Again, THANK YOU Kiki, I feel special!!!